Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Albany | Bend | Coos Bay | Eugene | Grants Pass | Klamath Falls | Longview | Medford | East Portland | West Portland | Roseburg | Salem | Tri-Cities | Vancouver | Yakima |
An accident involving a pedestrian and an automobile can be a terrifying experience. These accidents often result in serious or life-threatening injuries. Even traveling at a speed of 10 mph, an automobile can still inflict severe injuries on a pedestrian. If you’ve been involved in a pedestrian accident, the pedestrian accident attorneys at OlsenDaines can help. We have over 40 years of experience with personal injury-related accidents such as these. We commit to each of our clients to help them receive the compensation they deserve.
Free Consultations!Click below to start the process on your consultation.
It’s important to keep in mind, you don’t have to be out walking to be considered a pedestrian. You’re considered a pedestrian if you were not in a motor vehicle at the time of the accident. This can include if you were changing a tire, riding a wheelchair, or even cleaning your windshield.
If you were hit by a motor vehicle, there are some steps you should take immediately.
- Call the police. Unlike a vehicle vs vehicle accident, police are required to respond when a pedestrian is hit.
- Seek medical attention if needed.
- Get the driver’s name, address, and insurance information. If a police officer responds, she or he can assist you with that.
- Obtain the photos of the scene and vehicle that hit you. Be sure to get one of the license plate.
- If you have your own car insurance policy, you should contact it right away. Oregon law requires that your Personal Injury Protection benefits are primary. Getting the insurance claims set up correctly early on can save you additional hassle.
Pedestrian Accident Law
An accident involving a pedestrian is a scary situation for everyone. Determining who is at fault in these types of accidents is often difficult, but your pedestrian accident attorney has the experience and skill set to help.
If you’ve been involved in a pedestrian accident, OlsenDaines is here for you. Our attorneys are highly knowledgeable in pedestrian accident law. They’ll dedicate their time to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve and help you through this difficult time. Contact us today or fill out our online form to arrange a free consultation. We have offices all throughout Oregon and Washington.Back to Personal Injury Law