Albany | Bend | Coos Bay | Eugene | Grants Pass | Klamath Falls | Longview | Medford | East Portland | West Portland | Roseburg | Salem | Tri-Cities | Vancouver | Yakima |
A tort is a civil wrong that’s been brought forth by a person, entity or business. Torts can be as a result of negligence, like car accidents, toxin exposure, and medical malpractice, or they can be intentional, like assault and battery. If you or someone you know has been injured by what you believe may be a reason to file a tort claim, contact OlsenDaines. We have offices throughout Oregon and Washington and offer free initial consultations.
Tort Claim Lawyer
Some torts can be a crime but aren’t categorized as criminal law. They are considered a tort law. Tort law provides the victim with a civil resolution in the courts. Also, keep in mind physical damage isn’t the only type of damage that results from a tort. Victims can suffer emotional damage as well which can involve their reputation, peace of mind, and loss of privacy.
Free Consultations!Click below to start the process on your consultation.
Types of Torts
Below is a list of the different types of torts our tort law attorneys can assist with.
- Negligence: medical malpractice, slip and fall accidents, car accidents, falling objects, construction accidents
- Product liability: if you’ve been affected by a defective product
- Dignitary torts: defamation, invasion of privacy, malicious prosecution
- Intentional torts: false imprisonment, assault, battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress
- Property: trespass, premises liability (if a person fails to keep their property safe and you’re hurt)
Tort Law Attorney
Tort law is challenging and very technical because there are a lot of rules involved in tort claims. These cases often take months until a resolution is reached. If you need guidance with your tort claim, contact OlsenDaines. Our tort lawyers will listen to your concerns and guide you throughout the process, making sure you understand your case and your rights every step of the way. We have offices in Oregon and Washington with experienced tort claim lawyers ready to help you.Back to Personal Injury Law